I am a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) at Imperial College London and the Director of the Applications, Platforms, and Systems Security (apss) lab. My research focuses on Security and Privacy issues related to mobile devices. I have been studying side-channel and confused deputy attacks on the Android OS, privacy threats from mobile advertising, and access control designs and applications for smartphones and IoT systems.
Below you can find a summary of our work. You can click on the plus (+) icons to get a paper’s details.
- Comment (April 14th, 2020): Read our comment on smartphone-assisted contact tracing here.
- Publication (Mar 7th, 2020): Our paper titled “DarkneTZ: Toward Model Privacy at the Edge using Trusted Execution Environments’” has been accepted at ACM MobiSys 2020.
- Conference Session Chair (Nov, 2019): I was invited to serve as a session chair at the Cyberphysical Security session of the 26th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (ACM CCS 2019). CCS is the flagship security conference of ACM.
- Conference OC (May, 2019): I was invited to serve at the Organisation Committee (Finance Co-Chair) of the 26th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (ACM Mobicom).
- Publication (Feb 19th, 2019): Our paper titled “BEEER: Distributed Record and Replay for Medical Devices in Hospital Operating Rooms’” has been accepted at HotSoS 2019.
- Conference PC (Dec, 2018): I was invited to serve at the Program Committee of the 26th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (ACM CCS 2019). CCS is the flagship security conference of ACM.
- News Article (September 28th, 2018): “Getting smart on smartphone cyber security”, Duncan Swinscow-Hall, Imperial College London, (link to article).
- New Appointment (September 1st, 2018): Appointed as a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) at Imperial College London.
- Best-in-Session Presentation Award (May 20th, 2018): I was awarded a best-in-session presentation award at IEEE INFOCOM 2018.
- Travel Award (March 27th, 2018): I was awarded a conference travel grant by the Graduate College at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign to attend IEEE INFOCOM 2018 and present our work.
- Distinguished Paper Award (Feb 21st, 2018): Our paper titled “Resolving the Predicament of Android Custom Permissions” has received a Distinguished Paper Award at NDSS 2018.
- Publication (Nov 27th, 2017): Our paper titled “CoDrive: Improving Automobile Positioning via Collaborative Driving’” has been accepted at IEEE INFOCOM.
- Publication (Oct 26th, 2017): Our paper titled “Resolving the Predicament of Android Custom Permissions” has been accepted at NDSS.
- Publication (July 13th, 2017): Our paper titled “CamForensics: Understanding Visual Privacy Leaks in the Wild.” has been accepted at SenSys.
- Award (May, 2017): I was selected for sponsorship and travel support to the 5th Heidelberg Laureate Forum (HLF) by the Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU) and the National Science Foundation (NSF).
- Publication (May 2nd, 2017): Our paper titled “HanGuard: SDN-driven protection of smart-home WiFi devices from malicious mobile apps.” has been accepted at WiSec.
- Award (April 12th, 2017): I was selected as a young researcher in the fields of Mathematics and Computer Science to participate in the Heidelberg Laureate Forum.
- Award (April 6th, 2017): I was selected to participate in the French-American Doctoral Exchange (FADex) program focused in Cybersecurity.
- Publication (March 6th, 2017): Our paper titled “Ghost Installer in the Shadow: Security Analysis of App Installation on Android” has been accepted at DSN.
- Award (August 2nd, 2016): I have been awarded the Best in Class Award during the 2016 Intern Project Fair at Hewlett-Packard Enterprise.
- Publication (July 22nd, 2016): Our paper titled “Draco: Uniform and Fine-grained Control of Web Code Access on Android” has been accepted at CCS.