This is a pervasive game designed during the 9th and 10th cemester of my studies at the university, for the purposes of my diploma thesis with title “Development and Evaluation of Collaborative Applications for Mobile devices”.
The aim of this project was the design, development and evaluation of collaborative applications for mobile devices. For this study, a pervasive game was developed, which supports the use of it by many players in parallel and can be played simultaneously in numerous cities by different groups of players. This game belongs to an emerging genre that mixes reality with the virtual digital world, using the real space as the gaming environment. The game developed, uses the main elements of the bluff, deception and the assignment of roles. For its development an iterative design model was followed with the evaluation taking place with various techniques and methods in different stages of development. The implementation was realized for smart phones running Android, a new (at the time of development) platform for mobile devices from Google and the OHA(Open Handset Alliance).
- Visit: www.invisiblecity.gr
- Supervisor: Dr. Nikolaos Avouris
- Guidance: Phd Candidate, Christos Sintoris
- Graphics: in collaboration with Aspasia Xydea
- Programming: Java Android, MySQL, PHP, XML
- Web citation: Invisible City: Rebels Vs Spies
- UP HCI link: Presentation Announcement and Photos
- * Download: Development and Evaluation of Collaborative Applications for Mobile devices (Soteris Demetriou Diploma Thesis pdf)
- * Download: Diploma Thesis (IC presentation)
* Available only in Greek