I am a Ph.D. candidate at the Computer Science department of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. My work is conducted under the auspices of the Illinois Security Lab and the invaluable guidance of my advisor Professor Carl A. Gunter. My research focuses on Security and Privacy issues related to mobile devices. I have been studying side-channel and confused deputy attacks on the Android OS, privacy threats from mobile advertising, and access control designs and applications for smartphones and IoT systems.
Below you can find a summary of my Ph.D. work. You can click on the plus (+) icons to get a paper’s details.
- Travel Award (March 27th, 2018): I was awarded a conference travel grant by the Graduate College at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign to attend IEEE INFOCOM 2018 and present our work.
- Distinguished Paper Award (Feb 21st, 2018): Our paper titled “Resolving the Predicament of Android Custom Permissions” has received a Distinguished Paper Award at NDSS 2018.
- Publication (Nov 27th, 2017): Our paper titled “CoDrive: Improving Automobile Positioning via Collaborative Driving’” has been accepted at IEEE INFOCOM.
- Publication (Oct 26th, 2017): Our paper titled “Resolving the Predicament of Android Custom Permissions” has been accepted at NDSS.
- Publication (July 13th, 2017): Our paper titled “CamForensics: Understanding Visual Privacy Leaks in the Wild.” has been accepted at SenSys.
- Award (May, 2017): I was selected for sponsorship and travel support to the 5th Heidelberg Laureate Forum (HLF) by the Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU) and the National Science Foundation (NSF).
- Publication (May 2nd, 2017): Our paper titled “HanGuard: SDN-driven protection of smart-home WiFi devices from malicious mobile apps.” has been accepted at WiSec.
- Award (April 12th, 2017): I was selected as a young researcher in the fields of Mathematics and Computer Science to participate in the Heidelberg Laureate Forum.
- Award (April 6th, 2017): I was selected to participate in the French-American Doctoral Exchange (FADex) program focused in Cybersecurity.
- Publication (March 6th, 2017): Our paper titled “Ghost Installer in the Shadow: Security Analysis of App Installation on Android” has been accepted at DSN.
- Award (August 2nd, 2016): I have been awarded the Best in Class Award during the 2016 Intern Project Fair at Hewlett-Packard Enterprise.
- Publication (July 22nd, 2016): Our paper titled “Draco: Uniform and Fine-grained Control of Web Code Access on Android” has been accepted at CCS.