I am a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) at Imperial College London and the Director of the APplications and Systems Security (apss) lab. My research focuses on Security and Privacy issues related to mobile devices. I have been studying side-channel and confused deputy attacks on the Android OS, privacy threats from mobile advertising, and access control designs and applications for smartphones and IoT systems.
Below you can find a summary of our work. You can click on the plus (+) icons to get a paper’s details.
- Conference Session Chair (Nov, 2019): I was invited to serve as a session chair at the Cyberphysical Security session of the 26th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (ACM CCS 2019). CCS is the flagship security conference of ACM.
- Conference OC (May, 2019): I was invited to serve at the Organisation Committee (Finance Co-Chair) of the 26th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (ACM Mobicom).
- Publication (Feb 19th, 2019): Our paper titled “BEEER: Distributed Record and Replay for Medical Devices in Hospital Operating Rooms’” has been accepted at HotSoS 2019.
- Conference PC (Dec, 2018): I was invited to serve at the Program Committee of the 26th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (ACM CCS 2019). CCS is the flagship security conference of ACM.
- News Article (September 28th, 2018): “Getting smart on smartphone cyber security”, Duncan Swinscow-Hall, Imperial College London, (link to article).
- New Appointment (September 1st, 2018): Appointed as a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) at Imperial College London.
- Best-in-Session Presentation Award (May 20th, 2018): I was awarded a best-in-session presentation award at IEEE INFOCOM 2018.
- Travel Award (March 27th, 2018): I was awarded a conference travel grant by the Graduate College at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign to attend IEEE INFOCOM 2018 and present our work.
- Distinguished Paper Award (Feb 21st, 2018): Our paper titled “Resolving the Predicament of Android Custom Permissions” has received a Distinguished Paper Award at NDSS 2018.
- Publication (Nov 27th, 2017): Our paper titled “CoDrive: Improving Automobile Positioning via Collaborative Driving’” has been accepted at IEEE INFOCOM.
- Publication (Oct 26th, 2017): Our paper titled “Resolving the Predicament of Android Custom Permissions” has been accepted at NDSS.
- Publication (July 13th, 2017): Our paper titled “CamForensics: Understanding Visual Privacy Leaks in the Wild.” has been accepted at SenSys.
- Award (May, 2017): I was selected for sponsorship and travel support to the 5th Heidelberg Laureate Forum (HLF) by the Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU) and the National Science Foundation (NSF).
- Publication (May 2nd, 2017): Our paper titled “HanGuard: SDN-driven protection of smart-home WiFi devices from malicious mobile apps.” has been accepted at WiSec.
- Award (April 12th, 2017): I was selected as a young researcher in the fields of Mathematics and Computer Science to participate in the Heidelberg Laureate Forum.
- Award (April 6th, 2017): I was selected to participate in the French-American Doctoral Exchange (FADex) program focused in Cybersecurity.
- Publication (March 6th, 2017): Our paper titled “Ghost Installer in the Shadow: Security Analysis of App Installation on Android” has been accepted at DSN.
- Award (August 2nd, 2016): I have been awarded the Best in Class Award during the 2016 Intern Project Fair at Hewlett-Packard Enterprise.
- Publication (July 22nd, 2016): Our paper titled “Draco: Uniform and Fine-grained Control of Web Code Access on Android” has been accepted at CCS.